Apr 8, 2012

The Pros and Cons about Elizabeth Bennet



Me thinking



In the novel Pride and Prejudice  by  Jane Austen I became very attached to Elizabeth Bennet, but also there were parts I did not like about Elizabeth.  I liked Jane Austins character Elizabeth Bennet in many different ways.  In the book I liked how Elizabeth was different from the other girls. She was different because girls around that time period would have gotten married already and would have moved out of the house. I liked how Elizabeth waits to get married and she strongly believes that money does not buy happiness.  Elizabeth was the type of girl that wanted a marriage that was meaningful. She did not want to get married to a guy that she did not know. She wanted to get to know the guy first before marrying him. I like how she is strong, independent, straight-forward and honest type of girl. She is the type of girl that tells you how she really feels and what she thinks. She does not let other people rule her around. I like how she has confidence in herself and is patient. I also like how she is close to her dad in the novel. I believe  Elizabeth and I both have some similar personalities because we are both honest, strong, patient and are independent. She also set high expectations for herself also.  We both are the type of girls that wait to get to know the guy before dating or marrying him. There were other parts of Elizabeth Bennet that I do not like as her personality. I do not like how she is not very friendly to a lot of people. Elizabeth is a tough character to figure out at first, but she comes out of her shell at the very end of the novel of  Pride and Prejudice. I have learned alot about Elizabeth Bennet throughout the novel, I enjoyed the novel a lot, and I was inspired by Jane Austen's character Elizabeth Bennet.

No comments:

Post a Comment